!f Istanbul – Sundance Screenwriters Lab
The !f Istanbul Screenwriters Lab, co-organized with the Sundance Institute, one of the world’s leading creative hotbeds of independent film, is a unique project that allows four Turkish writerdirectors to receive one-on-one screenplay mentoring each year. The Istanbul Lab is associated with the Sundance Institute, an internationally-recognized nonprofit organization founded by Robert Redford that supports the work of original storytellers. Founded in 1981, the Sundance Institute provides year-round creative and financial support for the development of original stories for the screen and stage, and is committed to its mission to discover and develop independent artists and audiences across the globe.
The Istanbul module is open to Turkish writer-directors currently developing their first or second feature.
We thank Paul Federbush, International Director of the Feature Film Program at the Sundance Institute for his support.
!f Sundance Screenwriters Lab will be held between 6-9 May, 2016. Deadline for applications is March 17, 2016.
2016 Participants Revealed:
- Esra Saydam / Soytarı (Clown is Down)
- Ali Vatansever / Saf
- Nehir Tuna / Yurt (Dormitory)
Previous participants of the !f Istanbul Lab:
- Tolga Karaçelik / Kelebekler (Butterflies)
- Burcu Aykar / Eksik Bir Şey (Something Missing)
- Hacı Orman & Sedat Yılmaz / Sorgu (Interrogation)
- Emma Doxiadi / What a Silly Boy
- Rinio Dragassaki / Membrane
- Barış Sarhan / Cemil Şov (Cemil Show)
- Ceyda Aşar / Küçük Bir Hata (Failure)
- Ülkü Oktay / Kendi Aramızda (A History of Women)
- Alexandros Chantzis / Duft & Bassenauer
- Yiannis Veslemes / Cosmic Candy
- Mehmet Can Mertoğlu / Albüm (The Cliff Shore)
- Şirin Güven, Aysim Türkmen / Çekmeköy Underground (Ruin)
- Emine Dursun, Hakan Günday & Hande Güzide Türkel / Az (Derda)
- Ceylan Özgün Özçelik / Kaygı (Based on a True Nightmare)
- Zeynep Dadak, Merve Kayan / Mavi Dalga (The Blue Wave)
- Deniz Gamze Ergüven / Krallar (Kings)
- Erol Mintaş / Annemin Şarkısı (My Mother’s Song)
- Senem Tüzen / Ana Yurdu (Mother Land)
- Zeynel Doğan, Orhan Eskiköy / Babamın Sesi (Voice of My Father)
- Melisa Önel / Kumun Tadı (Seaburners)
- Nesimi Yetik / Toz Ruhu (Oasis)
- Aslı Özge / Hayatboyu (Lifelong)